November 23, 2008

Senior Ball and Chain

Well this past week I have basically been living at school. This year I am the Senior Class Advisor.. and I complain about the amount of time it takes.. but, I love it. These kids are amazing, and never cease to astonish me. They create amazing activities and put so much time and effort in making Dixie the best. This first slide show is of the Senior Ball Assembly. You seriously have never seen an assembly until you come see one of ours. They are choreographed, musically, and comically spectacular !! The kids picked an Oscar theme this year.. so for the assembly the royalty had to copy scenes from movies that have won best picture in the past. But, the twist is that they had to perform it in a different time period, or country. It was hilarious... Lord of the Rings was changed to Santa Clause, Forrest Gump was done in China, Titanic was the fifties, The Sound of Music was done by Cavemen, and Rocky was Greek. I laughed my ass off as usual...

Saturday we spent most of the day decorating for the dance. My Senior Class President is amazing and created a boardwalk of stars, movie reels, red carpets, all the fixin's for "The Oscars". I captured some famous stars that stopped by... :>)

Let me just reiterate.. if I haven't before.. I love my job !!!

1 comment:

Wood Family Memories said...

Looks like you totally enjoy your job! Teachers like you are what makes life a better place! You rock girl, I wish I had you as my teacher back then..... But your my friend now so even better :)

We are headed to Colorado FOR yummy Turkey! Yahoo... We get to see my brother and his kids, Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, and many more family members! Yeah for me