November 09, 2008

Baptism of Hope

Charlie got baptized tonight. He has initiated all of this on his own.. called the missionaries, took the lessons, and asked if it was true... His reason for getting baptized is what impressed me... it all happened so fast, and he pointed out how it was fast. He mentioned that he asked for a sign of hope to lead him in the right decision.. he then said that he saw a red robin the next day... and it made him think of the quote "Hope springs eternal from a robin's red breast." He had his answer... this touched me and renewed my hope.. Through all of our mistakes, sadness, or hardships... we must hope for goodness and change. Thanks Charlie for being good to my sister, and for reminding me of my testimony of hope and baptism.

2 comments:

Andee said...

That's awesome!! tell Charlie congrats from us!! we are anxious to meet him!!

Wood Family Memories said...

Congrats Charlie!!!! That is exciting to hear. I hear alot about you from Tammy :)