November 10, 2008

Saxton the Stud


Our drama teacher here at Dixie is amazing... Currently, he is putting on "Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat". When I first started teaching here I never went to his plays... cause I don't know... I just didn't :) I got reamed pretty bad by all the teachers for not going... now I don't miss them. He is amazing with the kids. His program runs like a fine oiled machine. His plays are like Broadway productions.... People come from all over the country to see his plays. I asked him once about doing them.. and what he said made his plays even better for me... When his son passed away tragically, he said that it killed him, but he said that every play he has put on since then.. is a monument to him. What a beautiful way to show love.. and if you get a chance to see one of his plays... the love is bountifully shown !!!


No comments: