October 10, 2008

Dixie... The Spirit of Pride

Tonight was our biggest game.. against Pine View... playing them is always a thorn in my side... we haven't beat them for 11 years. As I entered school at 5:00, I was smiling, I honestly love where I work... There is a special spirit about Dixie. It has been around forever.. and that spirit is felt as you look at the school, walk in the school, and reside in the school. Tonight, I worked the gate and was able to sit and watch the happenings before the game... Exec. Council putting blue everywhere, a Dixie Alumni creating a cannon to shoot off when we score, the boys warming up, and a group of boys painting themselves blue...The spirit of pride I observed made me thankful..yet once again to be apart of such a great place. We lost tonight.. and it sucked... but even with losing.. that pride never ends.. it will always be...

No comments: