August 03, 2008

SEEING ARCATA

Every year about this time.... I get to go with Pops to audit Mad River Community Hospital in Arcata, California. I thought it was about time to capture the beauty, rareness, and weirdness of this place that I love. It has beautiful redwood trees on mountains, a slow moving muddy river, acres and acres of farmland, and cliffs with the northern coast line. Not to mention hippies, bums, liberals, and lots of pot growers. It was about sixty degrees with a little ocean wind on the side. Freakin gorgeous !!!


There is the coolest road on the way to my dad's clients house... the trees are so tall and there are so many of them that they hang over and form a tree tunnel over the road... it is breathtaking!!!




The majestic redwood !!! One of the people that my dad works for has a house right in the center of these... unreal..






Gotta love the ocean... this is the coast in Arcata.... There are houses right here too... so jealous !!





Another thing you see everywhere you go in Arcata... are bums, or hippies.... and they love their pot. Arcata is known for having hundreds of grow houses. These are houses that are solely bought to grow pot in. One of the ladies we work with moved into an old grow house.... Anyway, I had to get a pic of this girl. Gotta love her sign... "Need money for food and pot". Laughed my ass off. I told dad we should give her money for just being honest..... :>)



Had to take a pic of this sign... so funny.. posted all around the beach... Um have we had a Tsunami on the North Coast ????



You know how you always see those paintings of barns... I swear all the painters go to Arcata to paint them. There are hundreds of barns like these... just waiting to be painted... Pretty....


K.. so there is this road by our hotel that goes out to the beach. In the middle of all this open farm land there are abandoned houses.... They are freaky.. this one scared the crap out of me... I swear there is a ghost in the top window. I told pops we should go into it next year... :>)



Another freaky house....


Wherever you look in Arcata.. there are some beautiful looking weeds... not like the weeds we have. :>) Here is a shot of some by the river...


This is Mad River... hence the name of the hospital my pops audits. It is beautiful... it runs into the ocean a couple of blocks down from here...


Some funky trees me and pops found by the beach.... kinda eeery looking.....

1 comment:

Wood Family Memories said...

Oh my gosh! LOVE this post. Those first photos were totally breath taking.... I'll go with you next year and hit those scary houses..LOL (i'm not scared)

I ENVY your blog Tammy! I love coming to see what's new and what positive note you have......We need to start a blog night,. I might be stealing some of your ideas and or quotes. AH! Thief

LOVE YA!!!