January 14, 2009

Spreading My Wings



Awhile ago I did a post about Tessa.. and how I felt like she was a caterpillar in my sister's belly... that would soon be a butterfly... beautiful, ready to spread her wings. I also talked about how at times our faith or hope is like this.. sometimes dark and hidden... waiting to be beautiful, and take flight. Well, seeing her born, watching my sister and Charlie, and holding her has renewed my faith. She is beautiful... amazingly beautiful. And the light that she carries burns my soul... I can't wait to see my little butterfly.. spread her wings.. and take flight. To see what she becomes for her parents, and for me. You know at times... it breaks my heart that I don't have my own kids... but, then I am blessed with this insight... and deep love for kids that are not my own. Sometimes we don't get what we want... but He gives us something to make up for that loss. I thank Him.. :>)




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She has the most beautiful full head of hair! thats how I was. She is so adorable!

jenandjustin said...

She is beautiful! and ALL THAT HAIR!!! wow! Tell Stacy congrats! Little Tessa is lucky to have you as her aunt!

Brock and Kensey said...

Tammy she is BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats!! I can't wait to see that little baby! You are such a great aunt, I'm excited for you to have a little niece!! Love you!

Phoebe said...

she is adorable love that pic! she's one lucky little babe to have you for an auntie!

Wood Family Memories said...

Tammy,

I'm just sitting here crying after reading your most touching thoughts regarding Tessa. I just love you! She'll envy and dig you for being U...... Give my love to Stacy and the family~ Can't wait to see you all

Unknown said...

She is so cute!!!! Congrates! Give that little one a hug for us!