January 27, 2009

Never Lose Hope

I have been stuck on a song lately.. you know the ones. You like it so much you keep hitting repeat, and rock out in the car to it, over and over again. Sometimes I think I should have been an English Teacher cause sometimes I get too deep, annoyingly so !! :) Well, my latest song is by one of my favoritist bands.. Nickelback, "Gotta be Somebody". I love the meaning of the song and what it stands for. It definitely applies to me because I am still looking for that somebody. The video is awesome... as they are singing in different places.. the earth is shaking, cracking.. and you really don't know why. Then at the end.. there are tons of people around them, jumping up and down dancing. I think this shows.. that a lot of times we might think we are alone.. but there are really people all around us shaking us up, changing us, being there for us.... and sometimes in the right moments, and when we really look we see them. It is not an easy thing to be a single, chubby, 36 year old, mormon gal, living in St. George. Now I am not saying this for pity or compliments.. just telling it like it is. :) I used to really let it get me down.. but now I find that I am content with my life, so content that I finally have hope.. hope that someday I will find that somebody !! I have come a long way.. in obtaining those feelings.. and those of you that know me.. understand this. So my earth is shaking, and I just don't see him yet..he could be... Captain Moroni waiting for me in the after life, or some really hot Australian guy that always wears a loin cloth, or the guy I never notice behind the to go counter at Harmon's. The possibilities are limitless!! So I listen to these lyrics, and watch the video with a renewed hope. A hope that someday I will find that somebody... Cause there has gotta be somebody out there for me !! Turn down my music to the left to watch...





5 comments:

Jenna said...

Love it. I remember doing the same thing to "can't touch this" and "blaze of glory"- but I think this song is better.

The Dudley Bunch said...

Well said.

Tawny said...

Coops stool is from OneStepahead.com
love

Wood Family Memories said...

Tammy,

I got your voicemail.... Yes, try to plan on Friday or Saturday! I am back full time at the OLive Garden, so I'll get my schedule tonight :) Love ya tons!!

This post was very touching..... I just love you! You deserve the BEST and to be happy! Mr. sexylicous is out there, I just know it and I have total faith of you finding your sole mate! You rock sister! Talk soon

Andee said...

Still can't believe how far you are coming along my friend! Keep the faith cuz I think you are TOTALLY right!!