October 12, 2010

Teacher Auction

So this year my teacher buddy Brandi and I... we go by Brammy at school :) .... are the advisors over the club that does Angel Tree. I am way excited to be a part of something so great. Every year at Christmas time our students raise up to $10,000 for families in need. We shop for the presents, wrap, and deliver them. We are trying to get a head start on raising money this year. So one of the first activities we are going to do is a Teacher Auction. Students will be allowed to bid on their favorite teachers. The highest bidder for each teacher will win that teachers car washing services with a car of their choice. Very fun... my colleagues are so good about donating their time.. and going a long with my silly ideas. We took pictures of each of the volunteers to make posters around the school. I love these people.. and am lucky to work with them !!


2 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

You always make things fun! Looks like a great idea to raise money.

Oh, and I have to say I agree with many of your tv show assessments. Did you ever see "Covert Affairs" this summer? (I'm pretty sure it's on USA). If not, you should look it up on hulu and watch. It's about a new female recruit into the CIA, and is produced by the same guy who produced the Bourne series (which are my FAVORITE). It's well written, the cast is great, and it's a fun show. I think you'd like it!

Wood Family Memories said...

Fantastic idea! You are such an amazing lady.... I am so honored to be part of your life :) xoxoxo