October 21, 2010

My Pet Lion


When I was younger, I remember going to Magic Mountain.. or maybe it was Knott's Berry Farm... one of those... and I had my picture taken with a huge lion. I remember how regal and beautiful it was... like a raw beauty.. I couldn't take my eyes off it. Strangely, I was not afraid... but rather the lion had a calming effect on me. I could feel his strength... and his size made me feel protected and loved. I remember wrapping my arms around the lion and hugging him after I got my picture taken. The photographer was a little shocked at how calm I was with the lion. To this day.. I still feel that way about lions. When people have asked if I could have any pet animal what would I choose... Lion. I have had many people come and go in my life... some have been a quiet, subtle influence. Others have come and will always be there.. whether they are near or not. Their strength and calmness make me feel protected. They are my "lions" you could say. I remember the first time I met Wulf... he was glaring at me like.. "What the hell are you staring at?" More like he roared it. :) The kid is amazingly strong.. has literally been through hell and back. He never gives up and has courage like no other. If he wants something.. he works hard until he gets it. He has a soft, heart.. that he does not like to show.. and the kid can look at people, nature, the world.. and find beauty in everything. I don't have my own kids.... but like I have said before.. I have been blessed to have kids through my teaching career.. be a part of my life. Wulf is truly one of them. He charged into my life like a lion... and has been a great blessing to me. It was his birthday at the beginning of this month and I missed it !! So, happy belated birthday my Wulf. I know that you will absolutely hate this post. But, yah... I don't care !! Deal with it :)

No comments: