April 03, 2009

He's Been Around The Block

It was me poppy's birthday last week. We had a little get together with the fam for him. He isn't big on birthdays. You ask him what he wants and the standard answer is..."Nothin". Ask him where he wants to eat.... "Nothin". Yah, he is a real joy to shop for. :) But, where he lacks in birthday cheer and celebration, he makes up with heart. The man has been through hell and back, chewed up and spit out... and yet he always comes back, serves those that hurt him with a smile, and always, always... is there for his kids and grandkids. Yep, he is getting old.. and me poppy has been around the block lots !! But he never ceases to amaze me with his big heart, and giving hands. I love you pops.. thanks for all you do for me. :)





3 comments:

Jenna said...

aw. I lurve your dad! Even though I haven't seen him in some 15 years I remember his warm generous heart. HAPPY BDAY!

Rick Miller said...

Thank Tammy. My family is my life and I am eternally thankful for your all.

Halladay Family said...

YAY BEST PARTY EVER!!! LOVE YOU