April 17, 2009

Bucket Practicing




I feel like I have come full circle on my Blog here. Last year at this time.. were some of my first posts... and like last year, it is time for "D" Week. I am the Senior Class Advisor at my school. I love it !! I get to be involved with some great kids.. and with some of the greatest traditions at our school. The seniors are gettin' ready for "The Bucket Run". This is by far one of our coolest traditions at my school. The kids start at the school and pass off the bucket... on and on.. until they reach "The Sugar Loaf" (A red mountain with 'DIXIE' written on it). It is about three miles away. Then they construct a pully system to get the bucket to the top of the mountain. We have about 65 seniors participating this year. The goal is to beat the class time that has done it before them. This year... Class of 2009.. will try to beat... Class of 2005, the last class with the fastest time. I think they have a good shot. But, whatever happens I know I will have a blast seeing them try !!

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow





2 comments:

Andee said...

Such a fun tradition! And such a fun teacher they have!!

Hayley Jane said...

Tanner's year was SOOOO close to beating it! Then the dumb rope broke. You probably remember...