December 04, 2008

It's For the Kids


Every year at Christmas time.. Dixie turns into a frenzy of giving and competition. Classes pit against each other to be the top donater for Angel Tree. It is hilarious to see what some teachers will resort to... to beat out other teachers. Some auction off their parking spots, homework, or class time to students in order to get high donations. Some teachers get voted in to have a pie thrown in their face if the student population donates the most money using their name !! So in the spirit of the season, and to have a little holiday cheer... my students and I created some cans with a lovely picture of Tatertot (my next door neighbor)... with the saying... "Tatertot loves pie !! Donate to Angel Tree !!" My can is almost full. :>) Tater wasn't too happy about it when I showed him.. So, i said, "Hey it's for the kids... " I am little scared about some sort of retaliation.. but, again it is for the kids.. Who knows, maybe the pie will be in my face.. hope it is chocolate cream..


1 comment:

Andee said...

I LOVE this kind of stuff- Carter's english teacher is doing a similar thing. It's way cool- anything for the kids is right!!