June 18, 2008

I AM RAINBOW

This is one of my favorite poems... I love nature and I love how this poem uses nature to illustrate how at times we must look within ourselves to find our own rainbows. Love it!

Looking in a puddle on a semi- rainy day
I saw myself but dimly
Imperfect, and muddy with other
I wavered as the puddle did, as raindrops struck
Sending ripples out like waves of pain
Not quite shattering in shards, distortions of my image

Then I looked up--
What? Was that a flash of color?
Sun and rain, laughter and pain
I saw it melt together,
I saw it become one
The winds of change blew in waters of healing
And the lowly dust became fixed and stable
And was wrapped around by her transforming light
Reflections and refractions
I saw the sign of hope, the symbol of renewal

I saw the rainbow bridge, that crosses heaven and earth
And I realized that....
I AM RAINBOW
I saw then my image with the ripples of life's pain
Spreading outward but stopped, healed, and cleansed

Reflected and refracted away as nature, and nature connected
The rain still falls, still strikes, still stings
And I am wetted
But no longer drowning

The colors shown bright in my countenance
My choice to see the image I know
And I went forth and had myself
A bright and shining multi-colored day



No comments: