September 22, 2010

Tampa The TV Critic- Monday's

I love television... and now that we have good old TiVo.. I can watch all my shows whenever I want. Seriously, thank you technology. I am well equipped at my house with three different DVR hookups that can tape three different shows at a time. Yah, I am a loser !! :) My pops has me beat at four !! I will catch up... Someday !! On that note, I have decided to do a Fall Critique on all the shows I watch, and am currently trying out for the first time cause they are new. I got my cousin Jules to branch out and watch NCIS, and The Glades this year. And I also got my reality addicted friends Andal and Chan hooked on NCIS as well. I promised Julie I would give her some posts to turn to for her TiVo schedule this fall. So here ya go Jules... as promised !! And Andal... you can branch out even more if ya want !! :)


CHUCK- Absolutely love this show. It is like the Geek Squad meets Spies are Us. My dad got me hooked on this show a couple of years ago. It has a great story line and fun characters. Linda Hamilton is guest starring this year on it as Chuck's mother. Seriously, that to me is enough of a reason to watch it. If you are looking for light-hearted, suspense, and romance. Chuck it !!



LONE STAR- Don't know how I feel about this one yet. It's a new one. The main character is a con-artist and is involved with two women. The first episode was about him trying to get out of this lifestyle and break away from his overbearing father that trained him to be a con. It seems to be headed in the drama, romance category. But, to be honest.. I thought the characters were Eh.. and I could take it or leave it. I will give it one more try though.



THE EVENT- This is supposed to be the new Lost. I am one that likes to watch television to escape and relax. I don't want to have to think too much. I tried to get hooked on Lost like everyone else.. but the show used to piss me off and give me headaches. :) But, I decided to give this one a try cause one of the main characters in it is John Ritter's son. The first episode was hard to follow.. kinda back and forth in time sequence. But, I was hooked. I read an article about the show.. and they promise to answer more questions as the show goes on, unlike Lost. If they don't, I am out.



CASTLE- Love, love, love this show. The main guy in it is hilarious. He is a famous writer that helps a detective solve crimes. The show totally reminds me of Moonlighting. Some of you youngens might not remember that show. The chemistry, and witty bantering between the two main characters as they solve crimes is fun to watch. And the who done it crimes keep you guessing till the end. It is a regular on my TiVo. :)



CHASE- This is a new one this season. It kinda reminded me of 'In Plain Sight"... but a little different. I dig the shows with the female dominant, crime fighter, kick ass, good girl. This show has it. It is about Texas Marshals that search for criminals on the run. I enjoyed the first episode... lots of good chase scenes, hot sweaty guys running, some witty banter, and psychological criminal mind guru. Good stuff !!




HAWAII 5-0- Um... YUMMY !! Seriously, this show was the best premiere of the night. It is new.. and obviously a remake of the old series. The main guy on it is a hottie. He is from the old vampire show Moonlight. The relationship between the two main cops is already hilarious... and the scenery in Hawaii. Seriously, can't go wrong in that department. Lots of action, shooting, explosions. Love it !! Hope it lasts !!

2 comments:

Andee said...

You crack me up!! However Chan and I are hooked on some of those as well! We watched the premiers of The Event and Chase as well and enjoyed those! We'll see how it goes!!

The Stoney Fam said...

Totally agree on what you said about The Event. After every episode of Lost, I always thought how much I hate this show but...kept on watching!! I didn't really like chuck but, someone told me that if you don't watch from the very first, it can be confusing. Loved Hawaii Five - o and am now adding Castle to our list. LOOOOVE the commentaries! Thanks!!!