September 02, 2010

Long Time No Post !!

Yah, it has been awhile !! I apologize... a lot. I guess I just got burned out of the blog thing, and also the freaky comments were kinda freaking me out. I was going to go private, but a friend suggested I do comment moderation so that I can monitor my comments. This made me a lot happier because a lot of my students look at my blog, and I didn't want to make it private. So I will try the moderation thingy... and see how that goes. For now, I will try to catch you up on my life since June. Summer was great... the usual. Driving kids, swimming, driving kids, visiting Ang, driving kids, watching Tessa, and going to Vegas with my girls. Nothing too eventful, but nice and relaxing. So the following is a montage of "Tampa's Summertime" !!

Stace and I both got passes at the Washington City Pool this summer and spent a lot of time there. Tessa loved it !! And I quite enjoyed hanging with my sis getting some rays and reading a book.




Went to see Blue Man Group with Michelle, Zeez, and Nicole in August. It was awesome !! Quirky, loud, and obnoxious !! Just the way I like it. We have decided that we are going to do a girls trip every six months or so to Vegas to shop and see a show. Next trip is planned for February to see Le Rev. Can't wait !!



I took a couple of trips up north to see Ang and help her out with her house. I didn't get any pics of that... but on my second trip I stopped by to see my Godkids !! They are growing up so fast, and I am so proud of them. I love the light they bring to my life !!





I spent a lot of my summer days watching "Baby Girl". She is getting so big.. and more beautiful. I remember the day she was born, and how I felt her before she came into this world. The more I spend time with her, the more that feeling grows of familiarity, love, and connection. She is awesome !!




One of my favorite things about being a teacher, is the relationships I have with my students. I love when my graduated kids come see me. During the summer, I had a couple of visits. The one above was extra special cause I hadn't seen Chris or Derek since they left for their missions. They scared the crap out of me coming at 11:30 at night !! But, I was rewarded with a huge bear hug sandwich, and some great laughs afterward.



























This summer brought some hard times as well. My Aunt Sue passed away. She has had Cancer for awhile now, and my family has been preparing for her to go. But, when the time came it was still hard. She was an amazing woman !! So accepting, caring, and loving. Whenever I hear the song, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".. a smile crosses my lips because I think of her. My amazing family pulled together through it. We spent a lot of time talking, laughing, eating, playing games, and swimming. Even though it was sad and hard, I know that Sue was happy that we were together, celebrating life because of her. I love you SUE !!





Lastly, one of my favorite things that happened this summer.. is my Nellybuns finally calling me Tampa. Nelly has always been a little timid when it comes to me. Now, she runs to me with hugs and kisses in tow. It makes me happy. This video is hilarious because Chris is already in training mode with her. The thing that is hilarious is that she is exactly like him !! Can't wait to see the outcome of it. :)


So all in all.. it was a good summer !! There were sad times, laughs, swimming, loves, kisses, shopping, eating, Vegas shows, godkids, best friends, and family !! What more could a girl ask for.. Not much !! :)

4 comments:

Rick Miller said...

So glad you are doing this again. You do such a great job. Love you babby.

Kelly said...

Hey you...didn't know you blogged...love it...come see our little! http://lanceandkelly.blogspot.com I just love hangin on sundays with ya!
kelly

The Stoney Fam said...

Thank you for the pictures and comments. Is that the last picture we took of her? I miss her sooo much! I looooved spending so much time with you guys though!

Wood Family Memories said...

Hello Gorgeous!!!!! I've not been on blogger for so long, life took over.. lol - but I just read this post sorry for your loss, my heart thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family! I miss you so bad... I want a Tammy hug:) Congrats on the 100 celebration @ Dixie! You're an "Fantastc" teacher and they are super duper lucky to have you! I love your blog background. I've been on a role trying to catch up. I am going to start a publisher book soon dangit. I want one so bad! I love your face! Let's talk soon
We're thinking of coming down Oct 15th so maybe so we can come say howdy! Talk soon
xoxoxoxoxo