September 21, 2010

Homecoming Hundred

First and foremost.. I can't take credit for these pics. I was running around with my head cut off most of the time at the game so didn't take any. There is an awesome student named Shaun at our school that is doing all the computer side of stuff for our 100 year celebration. He is amazing. One of the sites he is doing is Dixie 100 Blog. You can check it out.. it is under my "Looky Loos" on the left. So, cause I was cameraless during the big Homecoming Game.. I stole some from Shaun.. Thanks buddy !! What a great night, yet bittersweet. I got to see Jake, an old, longtime friend.. that I used to see on a daily basis, but now he teaches at Desert Hill High School. Since we were playing them, I ran over and gave him a hug before the game... wasn't too happy about the colors he was sporting. :) But, was glad to see him. Miss ya buddy !! I then got to take tickets with the best ladies at our school. It was awesome to see so many alumni come through the Dixie gates. Halftime was just incredible !! Old cars to old queens. Since it is Dixie's Centennial year.. we had the first Homecoming Queen lead the pack in a car from 1911. She is a little younger than that.. but, she was beautiful in her original dress from sixty plus years ago !! So cool !!


There are some things at Dixie Football... whether it is Centennial Year or Homecoming that you can always find during a Dixie Football Game. Here are three pictures that capture them beautifully.. and they just happen to be my favorite !!



We did lose the game... which was part of the bittersweetness... but I thought the boys fought hard and well. Another highlight was after the game. Our cheerleaders this year decided to start a "Shaving Pool".. to raise some money. Well, the $1000 limit was raised that night.. so my head boss Bergeson and his assistant Bair got their heads shaved. Part of the money was raised by Bergeson's five already BALD brothers running around the crowd for money. Haha... money was flying everywhere. To be honest, I never thought Bergeson would go through with it... but he did. Now he fits in well with his family. :)


Lastly, I got to spend the last part of the game with Mrs. Brandi Lou !! She is a new teacher at Dixie.. and to say we are the same is an understatement !! I am stoked for her to be here with me !! She is awesome !!


It was a good night at Dixie... for me anyway !! :) Thanks to all those that have made Dixie what it is before I got here. I will carry that spirit with me for the years to come that I am here.. so that it continues to live on when I am gone !! It's a beautiful thing !!

2 comments:

Andee said...

Looks like fun to me!! And I love it when teachers/staff are brave enough to shave their heads and things like that!! The kids think it's hilarious!!

The Stoney Fam said...

You just seem soooo happy at your school! It is great to see that!