June 15, 2009

A Soft Spot For Warriors

I have always had a soft spot for strong people.. Warriors per say. Lately, I have been thinking a lot about what it means to be a warrior. Warriors can be found everywhere whether they are real or fake. But, I think what makes a warrior is the same throughout the real or make believe. Life is hard... everyday is a fight. Some of us fight vampires, bad guys, mobs, Britain, ourselves, tyranny... whatever it may be. A true warrior is someone that can admit defeat, but never gives up. Someone that can stand amidst it's foes and look it or him or her in the eye. Someone that gets out of bed every morning and makes it through the day. Warriors.. it's a soft spot.. because these are the people I want to try to be !! I want to be standing in the end.. while everything that I have fought is in the ground below my feet... left behind to be forgotten. And I am standing tall with a smile on my face.. my smile of victory !! What's your definition of a warrior? Or tell me some of the warrior's in your life... real/or fake?


Buffy











Wonder Woman











My Students








My Pops









Captain Moroni










Porter Rockwell











George Washington







Of course there are the obvious warriors (our troops) that have, and will defend our country. My devotion and thanks are always with them.

This is a commercial that I love... Shows how warriors need to be thanked and rooted for from time to time..




This is a clip from NCIS. I love this show, and this is one of my favorite episodes. It is about a Corporal that was in WWII and received the medal of honor. This clip shows him dancing with Kate.. It is a moment that captures the soft side of warriors..





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tam tam... I love you! I miss you! I want to come home! haha

Lisa said...

Love the warriors! My hubby, Steve LOVES Porter Rockwell. Our son Hyrum's middle name is Rockwell. Good stuff!

Melanie said...

um, I LOVE that you included Wonder Woman!! that is so funny! and I love her!!!!!