June 05, 2009

Joyful



You know those moments... when you are so happy or content .. "joyful" is what I think we call it. Baby Tessa brings many of those moments to us lately. It is funny how all the trivial, stupid, hard stuff in my life just melts away as I stare in her eyes. When I look at her.. I always think of the pictures of Christ with children.. and how joyful his face is. As I am around her and my nephews, I know why Christ always wanted to surround himself with children. I gotta share one joyful moment with Tessa that I had last week. One of my favorite things to do with her is to read. Stacy has been so good to start her with this, and Tessa loves it. When I read to her, I usually put her on a bed and lay next to her so our faces are close. Tessa is almost five months old now and knows how to kiss. :) She opens her mouth and leans toward you when you say kiss... soo cute !! Anyway, I was laying next to her reading and she kept turning her head to look at me. I finally turned mine to look at her.. and she smiled, and then opened her mouth for a kiss.. I didn't even have to ask. JOY !! Note to self.. and you, if you think you can apply .... "Hang on to the joyful moments in your life... that way when you have hard times.. remembering the joyful times will make you smile and warm your heart."




























3 comments:

Andee said...

that is how I feel about my kids- joyful- very proud Mama!! She is lucky to have you in her life :)

Halladay Family said...

She is a joy and an amazing blessing in our daily lives :D i love her... She thanks you for watching her while we are in school i love you soo much your an amazing aunt to her and teacher!! All 3 of us love you sooo much!!!

Halladay Family said...

ps last picture of her is a smile kinda like dads :) not all side pic but pretty close