May 22, 2009

Teacher Graduation

Well, I just finished up my fifth year at Dixie. It is official, this is the longest I have been at a school. When I first started teaching, I would look at all the old teachers and wonder how they could stay so long in one school !! Now that I have been at Dixie.. I know how they can.... :) I pretty much plan on dying and retiring here... it is my home away from home. I decided to take pics of the end of year teacher program that gets put on every year at our school. This year two of our oldies but goodies left us... Forrest and Greg. Good men !! They will be missed :) Both got to walk through the "D" at graduation as the students do. As their names were called, and they walked through... the students and parents in the Burns Arena cheered, and stood in thanks. I couldn't help but think.. that at times teaching can be thankless, and hard.. but at that moment they both received that praise... I know that they did not regret one minute of their profession. I look forward to when I walk through that "D" and graduate from the best schooling I have ever received.. :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow



1 comment:

Andee said...

Yeah you definately belong there in George- it just fits you!! Glad you are finally getting a break- just don't get any more jobs for a minute okay! Hee hee :)