January 13, 2010

Leap of Faith


I found this picture as I was surfing on one of my favorite sites, Deviant Art. It slammed into me, like a punch to the heart. I love what it can symbolize and mean depending on how you look at it. To me.. in life... most of what we do is done on faith. As little kids, we had blind faith... we would do things whether we knew it hurt us or not. We would touch the hot stove and then realize it hurt and not do it again. We would run to strangers, until we felt the comfort and warmth of those closest to us, and then we shied away from those we don't know. As we get older... I feel that blind faith is left behind. We have experienced more, been hurt more, or get comfortable in our securities, so we tend to hold back not willing to take that leap, or choose what we want to have faith in. One of my favorite things about this picture is the dark and light sky. Having complete faith at times can lead to pain, to darkness, but I truly feel that when we take that leap we are stronger for it. I wish that I could leap more !! I look at my nieces and nephews, my students... and see that glint of willingness to leap more. This picture makes me want to stand on the edge more... to take a chance more... to commit to what I know. But, I often find that I just stand there like this picture afraid of being hurt... comfortable in my security. Seriously, though I am afraid of heights... maybe I should take up repelling. :) I would love to know what you see ?!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tam, Reading your thoughts reminds me how amazing you are. You are truly a wonderful woman with so many wonderful attributes! You have such a big heart and kind soul. I am so glad that I have you in my life and I know that I can turn to you whenever I need a shoulder or a warm hug! I love you not only as my friend but as a sister, as a mother figure, and as an example!!!

Andee said...

Maybe it's because of the lesson I am preparing for Sunday, but I see the creation- the wonderful earth and all is has to offer and standing out IN IT and marveling at all it has to offer us.

Eeleen Lee said...

Deviant Art has some wonderful works for everyone, I like your selection


http://e6n1.blogspot.com/

Dios said...

Hello! I'm theone who did this picture, and i have to say that I was very surprised when I saw it here.... So, but the fact is: I wish to thank you> thank you for every word that you wrote based in my work, and I see something like it, a way to win the difficulties of the lifem looking to another day, another year, or another life.

I'm proud that my work could be so importanto to a wonderful person like you. Things like these make me happy to be a visionary.
Thank you, once again, and please to meet you!

Diogo.