December 02, 2009

These are a Few of My Favorite Things...

Well... it's that time of year again. Seriously, time flies !! The older I get, the more it flies. I just got done putting up my 8 million trees.. as Clark would say, "A little sap in here". And now, I am moving on to the outside...which should take me forever !! As I have been decorating, I have been thinking why do we do this to ourselves.... or I guess I should ask... Why do I do this to myself? :) The more I thought about it, I realized it is the consistency, the tradition, the familiarity of things that happen at Christmas that makes it so special to all of us. So I thought about the important traditions or familiarities I enjoy this time of year... Here they are in no particular order... I would love to know some of yours too !! :)

Christmas Flannel Sheets




Hot Cocoa/Caramel Apple Cider




Cinnamon Scented Pine Cones




Watching "Christmas Vacation" as I decorate the tree !!




Seeing the word "Believe" everywhere !! My favorite phrase/word !!




Neil Diamond Christmas Album !! Come on it's the best one !! :)




Thinking about Mary.... I just admire her complete faith with giving birth to Christ. She amazes me !!




Santa Claus.. I still believe in him and everything he stands for... and I have about 80 Santa's that I put up every year !! :)




My Dad's prime rib !!



Last minute Christmas Shopping... It seems every year my Pops forgets or thinks he doesn't have enough gifts so we shop late... I love it. Also every year I go after Christmas shopping with my sista !!




Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark

2 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

Oh my Gosh we just watched Christmas Vacation tonight while we were setting up our tree! I want to see pictures of your trees!

Hayley Jane said...

You do the holidays the right way!!! We'll go get some of the Ghirardelli. It looks delish!