October 05, 2009

Can I Get an Amen !!

I am Mormon... not always a good one.. but am one that believes in the teachings and leaders of our church. Mormon's aren't known to stand up and sing hallelujah at church, or stand up and shout "AMEN" during a sermon. Our way of shouting an "AMEN" is crying, or patting someone on the back after a good testimony is bourne. But, in all honesty sometimes I wish I could just stand up and shout "AMEN" at the top of my lungs... or dance to "We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet" with the congregation. Well, I did just that this past weekend by myself while watching conference. We have hero's in our church... great speakers.. whose sermons have been recorded in our scriptures. I have always pictured these men as they speak... King Benjamin's stern, but loving face... Samuel the Lamanite showing no fear, as arrows spiral past him. I have envied at times the people that were able to be there and actually see these great men's faces as they spoke with such conviction. Well, this past weekend.. I got to see such a face !! Elder Holland's speech blew me away !! I mean, he did not mince words. He THREW DOWN !!! I loved it !! What a great testimony and conviction of the Book of Mormon he portrayed. I was clapping, jumping out of my couch dancing, crying with joy, and humbled into submission. So, for once I was able to shout... "AMEN" and do a jig... and I realized (stupid me) that I get to see great men.. like King Benjamin, and Samuel.. speak all the time. Now if I can just follow what is said better !! :)





Here is a link to listen to it if you want:
Listen to it !!

9 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

AMEN!! He's my favorite...

Andee said...

I'll say Amen to that! He was amazing- almost seemed like he's wanted to do that for a long time!! Go Elder Holland!! :)

Jenna said...

Oh, I loved that. Sometimes we think the leaders of our church are weak old men when they are really men of great power and understanding. I thought he was amazing. AMEN!

Lisa said...

AMEN! I loved it. So good and inspiring! I was crying the entire way through it. I love when people speak with conviction.

MillerTime said...

That was a very powerful talk

The Dudley Bunch said...

The dude can throw down...my kids were mesmerized by that talk...it was the only one, but hey, it was something! He came and spoke to our stake in February, and it was equally amazing. That guy is a super stud.

Unknown said...

I actually got to go to this session.. I swear you could have heard a pin drop during his talk! I have never felt such a strong spirit thats for sure! By far my favorite speaker...

Cassidy Legg said...

His talk took me by surprise. He left it all up there on the pulpit. It was so emotional but a differnt emotional that I am not used to hearing.... LOVED IT

Rick Miller said...

Brigham Young once said, "I feel like shouting, Hallelujah, all the time, when I think that I ever knew Joseph Smith, the Prophet" Therefore, it appears your amen is justified!