November 03, 2009

Gettin' Paid for Service

This year at school I decided to be an advisor to another club. The club is called Interact and works with the Rotary Club doing service for the community. I mean seriously... you can never go wrong with service. Although, I kinda feel guilty cause I am getting paid to be the advisor... so I am not really serving. But, my great kids that signed up for the club are !! On Halloween morning, they woke up bright and early and went to help with the Monster Mash Run in Coral Canyon. I captured some great acts of service they did. Just watching service take place.... made me feel happy.. paid or not paid !! :) I am thinking we might do the Soup Kitchen on Thanksgiving Morning... Watcha think?


2 comments:

Hayley Jane said...

How fun! I'll definitely join that club when I get there. (:

Andee said...

That's really cool Tam! And here's another Thanksgiving idea for ya- one year we collected all the items needed for a Thanksgiving dinner and delivered the items to a deserving family the day before so they could make their own dinner! It was an amazing experience!